Over the past few weeks the Year 6 pupils and teachers from across the school have been working hard every morning before school, fuelled by a cooked breakfast as well as an array of cereals, fruit and yoghurts! Four weeks of intensive revision for SPaG, Reading and Mathematics have taken place. All the pupils who have attended have had a fantastic time revising, chatting with their peers and teachers and of course diving into the delicious breakfast cooked by our fantastic school cooks.
This week (11-15 May) the Year 6s were invited in to eat breakfast and enjoy some social time before writing their SATs. This has proved very successful! All the children who attended not only enjoyed a cooked breakfast, but had the opportunity to socialise with their peers and teachers, which meant that they were more relaxed and focused going into the SATs.
We would like to thank:
* Mrs. MacMillan for serving the breakfast and for supporting this opportunity
* Karen Franklin and Jo Mothersole for cooking all the breakfasts before most of us were awake
* All the teachers who gave up their early mornings to come in and boost the children
* The Year 6 pupils who attended, you guys are fantastic!
* The Year 6 parents who have supported our vision and who have had to set their alarms that much earlier!