Our Mission Statement for Race Equality
- As a school, we are committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity for all, including people from different racial, ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds. We consider that all manifestations of racism are wholly unacceptable and will act positively to eliminate racial discrimination where it occurs. We will take prompt, effective and systematic action to deal with all racist incidents and to identify and address racial, ethnic, cultural and religious inequalities.
- We are also committed to promoting good relations between people of different racial, ethnic, cultural and religious groups. We will enable every pupil to:
- participate in a curriculum that takes full account of the richness
and variety of the world's racial, ethnic, cultural and religious
groups and develop understanding of some of the main causes of
global inequality, disadvantage and poverty;
- recognise and challenge racism, racial discrimination and
- develop the knowledge and understanding, skills and attitudes
necessary for life in Britain's multi-ethnic society and as global
citizens in an increasingly interdependent world.
- We believe that these commitments are as important in the context of a school with limited ethnic diversity such as ours as in schools with a more ethnically diverse population.